Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Just For ME!

My April Ensign just came yesterday.
(For those of my dear friends that are not members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, the Ensign is a monthly Christ-centered magazine that teaches, encourages, and strengthens all that read it.)

I cannot believe how every page seems to fit me and my situation in life right now. How the Lord loves me and sends messages my way! First, there are many articles on "Confidence to Marry." Being divorced and single, I was nervous about how these articles would affect me, but they just touched my heart.

One article stated, " 'Cast not away therefore your confidence, which hath great recompense of reward!' Remember that we come into this life hard-wired, so to speak, to fall in love. Don't make it harder than it is! Remember what you know, and move forward with confidence in Heavenly Father and the standing you enjoy as his son or daughter."

Later on in the same article, it stated, "Remember, like every other important decision, marriage is your choice. The Lord will expect you to exercise your judgment. As He said to Oliver Cowdery, 'Behold you have not understood; you have supposed that I would give it unto you, when you took no thought save it was to ask me.' "

What a great reminder for me! The Lord has blessed me with the ability to choose (for a second time) a spouse for now and for forever....I just have to stick by my standards and what I need and want in a man and I will be okay. Sometimes I think my bar is just set way too high, but what a great barometer as I date wonderful men! As the article recommended, I have to change from Fear to Faith.

Then, again, the articles were just for me. Elder Oaks spoke of "The Atonement and Faith." What a beautiful article. Perfect for me again! He said, "Faith in the Lord Jesus Christ is a conviction and trust that God knows us and loves us and will hear our prayers and answer them with what is best for us. Faith in the Lord is trust in the Lord. We cannot have true faith in the Lord without also having complete trust in the Lord's will and in the Lord's timing."

Summary: I have to trust in the Lord and trust in myself as I move forward with this whole dating/marriage thing. What a blessing to have the counsel I need to hear come in my mailbox! :)

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I too LOVED the Aprin Ensign! I sat and read most of it in one sitting! So much in there for all people who are struggling with one thing or another. Very inspired material.