Monday, March 22, 2010

Painting and Healing

So, I have always wanted to paint my walls. Always. This is our first home, so before that it was apartments and out of the question really. Then, XDH really discouraged me from painting. Since it is my house and my decisions now, I have been planning on painting for months. I finally did it! I LOVE it! I was worried it would be too dark, but I really like it. (Hard to see from the pictures...it is a deep green with a gray tone)

C is so much like me in so many ways. This is no exception. He saw me painting when I came home from school and immediately wanted to help! Don't you love his graffiti? I love it, love it, love it. :)

And, I know that many of you are worried about me. I am healing. I have a wonderful Bishop who took time out of his day Saturday night to counsel with me and strengthen me. I am so blessed. While I don't understand what is happening right now, I see clearly my future and I know I am always in the Lord's hands. I know that I have some things to learn from this trying time. I even know what some of those things are! I am sure there are others, but the Lord will reveal them in his own time. I am one lucky girl, though. I have the gospel, my kids, my piano, my painting, my building, working out, great friends, and many more wonderful things. I am one of the most blessed women on this planet...sometimes I just forget it for a moment. Shame on me. :(

7 comments:

Jenny said...

I love that wall color. That's another blessing: getting full power in making paint color decisions!

Tori Black said...

Great color! You might be interested in this blog since you are trying new things in the home improvement area. I've already made a list!

http://knockoffwood.blogspot.com/

Lana said...

I love the paint too!!

nikko said...

Can't wait to see it in person.

victoria said...

Oooh, it looks really good! That's a nice thing that you get to forge ahead with things you want to do. I'm glad you have a kind, supportive bishop to help you out. And a darling son to help you out, too!

Selita & Craig said...

It looks AWESOME and to have your children get involved too - you ARE a GREAT mom.......another blessing ;) Just remember how far you have come already!

KP said...

Love it!