Tuesday, he had his awards ceremony. I love the way this middle school does awards. All the students that are receiving awards are seated in alphabetical order, then each student's name is called and all the awards they receive are given at once. It is much more efficient than having each set of awards called and people come up out of their seats, once, twice, three times, etc... I really love it.
So, when I got there, I looked at the program. HOLY COW!!!! He got a million awards. Wow! I was such a proud Mama.
Then, as I am sitting there, waiting for the ceremony to begin, I glance at the front of the program. Guess who is giving the welcome? Yep, C! Wow!
So....here he is welcoming everyone:
All the students sit on one side and wait for their names to be called. Once their awards are received, they sit on the other side of the gym until the event is over. So smooth.
Here he is waiting.
This is what they read for him:
- A Honor roll (all A's all year)
- Outstanding Ensemble Performance (Band)
- 2nd Place One Act Play
- Best Actor One Act Play
- Coyote Circle: Literature (Coyote Circle: Student is selected by each individual's teacher's criteria for academic recognition)
- Coyote Circle: Lone Star Reading (Reading outside of class 14 books and passing tests on them...school district sponsors this)
- Coyote Circle: Math
- Coyote Circle: Social Studies
- Top Coyote: Mad Scientist/Science (One boy and one girl are selected as Top Coyotes for each core subject: English, Science, Social Studies, Math)
- Top Coyote: Young Author/English (YEP! ANOTHER Top Coyote!)
P.S. Grandparents: I grabbed an extra copy of the program to send to you. :) Unfortunately, they didn't have any extra of K's ceremony, so I might have to copy that one to send.