And...now for the list of K's awards:
- A/B Honor Roll (All A's and B's all year long)
- UIL 1st place Dictionary Skills
- Coyote Circle: Lone Star Reading Recognition (Reading outside of class 14 books and passing tests on them...school district sponsors this)
- Coyote Circle: Pre-AP Science (Coyote Circle: Student is selected by each individual's teacher's criteria for academic recognition)
- Coyote Circle: Speech
- Coyote Service Award (Based on written recommendations from 8th grade teachers; students are honored for outstanding school commitment, pride, and service to the school.)
- Top Coyote: Young Author / English (One boy and one girl are selected as Top Coyotes for each core subject: English, Science, Social Studies, Math)
For example, K has worked her tail off in Algebra. She has worked and worked and worked. Not much has been said about this, but I am so proud of her. She began the year trying to float by as she always has in math. When she started getting B's, she took it upon HERSELF to work and study and she does. She has had great success and much improvement in Algebra and I am so proud of her. So proud of her and there is no award that could demonstrate that pride. She didn't get an award for math, but I think that is where I am most proud!!!
On another note, these pictures were taken after the awards on Thursday, so I am including them in this post:
Don't I have a great life? I love my kids. I love them all. I am so blessed. At this very minute, A and CK are driving home from the airport! I get to have all 5 kids together for two weeks. Can you say E.X.C.I.T.E.D?!?!?!? We have had a countdown on our wall all month. J, in particular, has been counting down the days for A to get here! So cool! So blessed. Happy Life!