Friday, May 10, 2013

Last Tuesday: C's Band Concert (May 7, 2013)

 On Tuesday, I got to go to C's band concert.  I feel so blessed to have been able to attend, especially with our very crazy Tuesdays.  CK took J and V to J's football game, a ward member picked K up with Young Women, and I went with C to the concert.  I wish everyone could have come.  As it is, he had to miss both baseball practice and scouts.  -sigh-  You know how I love Tuesdays!  I don't mind them too much actually, they are just busy and we cannot all be together and supporting each other and I don't like that part at all.

Here is C coming in with the trumpet section

C is behind taller people, including a young lady with a pony tail.  Look closely, though, and you can find him!
When they played, particularly the first song, it brought tears to my eyes.  They have come so far.  This beginner band is making legitimate and beautiful music.  Last fall, their concert consisted mostly of showing off how they did warm ups.  Now they play together in a beautiful harmony!  It is awesome!
C and his two friends performed in a trumpet trio for competition.  They did well.  And, last minute, their teacher asked them to perform at the concert.  They did well again!



Here is C with the trophy that their band earned at competition.  It was the highest achievement that they could get.  Way to go, Band!

C is great at the trumpet and he LOVES it.  I am so grateful for both.  I love hearing music in my home.  I love it that he frequently pulls out his trumpet and the hymnbook and fills our home with hymns.  Beautiful!  I love it!  :)  I am so blessed to be a mom.  So blessed indeed!

No comments: