Monday, May 20, 2013

How Does Your Garden Grow??

 I went out and was working in our garden this morning.  It has been about two months since we planted and things are sure growing.  :)

 We love tomatoes and these two plants are sure growing...into trees it seems like.  The one on the right died completely in a freeze.  It just shriveled up and died.  I thought for sure I was going to have to buy a new plant, but all-of-a-sudden, there were green shoots coming up from the roots around the dead plant.  I trimmed off the dead and waited to see what happened.  Isn't nature miraculous?
 Our corn is very funny.  It is tall on one end and then gets progressively smaller.  It is like stadium seating.  We cannot figure out exactly why it is like this....especially since it is the tall corn that has lost a lot of soil (the garden boxes are on a slope).
 Lettuce
 Yellow Squash
 Tomato (We have eaten some cherry tomatoes from the other plant, but the bigger tomatoes are not ripe yet).
 Something (someone) else is growing!  She loves to sit out on the patio while I work on the garden.

 And look at that green grass!  It is beautiful.  I love it so much.  Thanks, CK, for making our home so beautiful.  C also mows frequently, so thanks, C, too!

I almost forgot our baby blackberry bush.  I thought we wouldn't get berries this year, but....nature surprised me again!  We won't have many, but we will have a few!

We are blessed that we have a garden.  We are trying to be obedient and plant one, take care of it, and reap the harvest.  So many lessons to teach our kiddos and ourselves.  (And it tastes great, too!)

No comments: